Weekend Supervisor Position Description
7ate9 Bakery is a small café specializing in cheesecake, at 199C Highland Ave in Somerville. We are neighborhood people who believe in building community, utilizing local food systems, and creating high quality products.
We’re a very small team looking for people with big ambition. We practice transparency with our staff in terms of our books, our business model and our growth model. After one year of working with us, you’re eligible for profit-sharing. Equity/Partnership opportunities are available. We want you to grow with us and help shape our vision.
Weekend Supervisor: Saturday 8:30am – 6:00pm & Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Be excited about food and service and infectious in your ability to teach.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the retail space, including beverage preparation, food preparation and handling
- Make food safety a top priority. It should show in all of your actions. We continuously coach our team to exemplify the highest standards of cleanliness and proper food handling.
- Cultivate a work environment that is both fun and efficient.
- Interact with customers and help fill their orders in a manner that cultivates our brand of customer service.
- Prepare custom beverages using semi-automatic espresso machine.
- Provide sandwich preparation according to customer orders and bakery standards and measurements.
- Ability to self-direct while understanding your role on the team.
- Ensure all projects and responsibilities are completed in a fast and efficient manner. Work in the kitchen is very fast paced.
Benefits & Perks:
- Free shift meals.
- Free, unlimited café beverages throughout shift.
- Employee discount when off-shift.
- Culinary & Barista training, resume building, community engagement opportunities and development.
- Positive attitude and customer service approach is a must. You MUST be a people-person and love working with customers.
- Previous barista experience a plus.
- MUST be detail oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to self-direct when necessary.
- Must be able to lift and move supplies up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work on your feet, in a rigorous and fast paced environment.
- Must have expanded availability around holidays.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Non-smokers preferred as smoke breaks are not provided.
- Due to our location, we require someone with their own means of transportation. Relying on public transportation is not a good fit for our location.
Starting wage, based on experience, will be $14.00 per hour, plus tips, which average $3 per hour.
Email your cover letter and resume to jobs [at] 7ate9bakery.com