Full Time BOH/Production Assistant
7ate9 Bakery is a locally owned café and bakery specializing in cheesecake. We are woman-owned, minority-owned, queer-owned. We are neighborhood people who believe in building community and supporting local entrepreneurs. We believe in harnessing the talents and creativity of our team members. You can find us at 199C Highland Ave in Somerville.
We are opening multiple new stores over the next year and are looking for people who want to grow with us and help shape our vision. This position will grow into a higher management position. Our staff don’t just work here, they help build our business.
- Mise en place dry ingredients for production
- Prepare cookie doughs, quick breads, cake batters
- Chop & mix fresh vegetables and other ingredients for cream cheese spreads
- Prepare and complete AM bake of cookies, croissants, quick breads, etc.
- Complete large-batch beverage production
- Prepare and weigh ingredients in grams. Math skills are required for scaling of recipes.
- Following very precise written instructions for recipes. Must be extremely detail oriented.
A note about the position:
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for food and the science of baking. We make everything from scratch and use local ingredients whenever possible.
- COVID vaccinations required for employment
- Minimum 1 year prior experience preferred.
- Must be extremely reliable. Reliability is our top priority.
- Must be able to lift and move supplies up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work on your feet, in a rigorous environment, for 8 hours per day.
- Must have expanded availability around holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Smoke breaks are not provided.
Benefits & Perks:
- Free coffee and beverages throughout shift
- Free shift meal
- 1 week paid vacation after 1 year employment
Negotiable, based on experience.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.